Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Testament




So, Matt and I were going to be able to mark one more band off the list of those that we wanted to see, but thought would never happen. Then that all came crashing down. On Sunday Testament was going to be that band (we were successful in marking the Subhumans off the list last year), but there was just one problem...They didn't show up. Word on the street is that the bus broke down, but I am in the same mindset as OJ from Byzantine (who was drowning his sorrows at Buffalo Wild Wings before going bowling instead of going to the non-existent show...very metal). Testament probably called about 7pm and said, "How many presales do we have?"...The Monkey Bar would have probably responded with something really lame like, "60." From that point Testament probably said "I would rather sit on a tour bus all night than play that show." Thanks guys...you ruined my dream.

The real shitter is that OJ said he called the bar at 6 to make sure it was still going on and they said yes...nice! So, instead off seeing Testament on Sunday I wasted 5 hours of my life riding in Matt's car (a smoke filled room on wheels) and hanging out with 25 pissed off 30-year-old metal heads.

It could have been worse. At least OJ shook my hand and acted like he remembered me. That's better than nothing...but it's no Testament.

No comments: